After the account is created, administrators will want to
- Review the workspaces by going to the Workspace Map on the home page. Intranet Plus organizes information for each workspace topic in pages.
- Add pages by picking a workspace such as company news, announcements, department policies, IT & Facility Help Tickets.
- You will be able to invite users to publish content too
- Find all pages by going to Main Menu. Look at All Recent Pages, My History or All Pages.
What are workspaces?
Workspaces are named after a category or topic. Intranet Plus Workspaces are displayed in the Workspace Map located on the right side of the home page. These workspaces are named for topics commonly used with team intranets. Workspaces are published from the frontend by both administrators and users.
How to use workspaces to publish content and share files
A person can select a workspace to publish by picking it from the Add Page menu on the home page. The workspace is given a title and users can edit content and share files on the page. This draft is then published.
How to use workspaces to assign tasks
Every workspace includes a workflow option to assign a person to be responsible for completing a task. For example, IT Help Tickets are a “target” workflow workspace. The author, or person who adds a new IT Help request page, will assign someone to complete the task described on the IT Help Ticket. The author closes the workflow when the task is complete.
Use workspaces to launch your intranet
Now that you have an Intranet Plus account, get started with organizing content using workspaces. Content and files are visible on pages you publish in Intranet Plus. To create a page go to Add Page menu:
- Add page by clicking on a workspace name
- Select a title for the page then add content, upload files.
- Publish the page to make it visible to other users. Select Promote to publish a short summary on the home page newsfeed.
- Invite users to login and view the information.
- Help users find pages by telling them to setup options such as tags, bookmarks and subscriptions
- Administrators can work with their teams to change default workflow settings to meet your unique needs
- Administrators can add workspaces specific to team work using Workspace Designer
The platform delivers three main benefits:
Teamwork: know what to do and how to get it done.
Our goal is to help you connect and share information so you can deliver outstanding service and products to your customer.
- pages and sub pages are linked to form a contextual view of your activity for a given topic
- files, file versions, content and more are searchable
- users collaborate and are on the same page with updates
Create a context, a topic or purpose to organize your thoughts and files in one place – Contexts are a collection of pages that share the same purpose or topic. Work is visible online and digital hand-offs demand accountability. Leverage activity notifications to view and react to what is happening in your account, team, organization in real-time.
Communications: delivers business intelligence and share information in real-time.
Just knowing what is going on in the company tends to speed things up and improve decision-making.
- Open permissions for internal users – users can view, edit and upload files. Add comments, send private messages from the page.
- Share Externally – external users, like customers and suppliers, can share too. Invite them to your page to view a shared section, not the entire page, so that you can collaborate on some files but keep other files private.
- Make Assignments Visible- post comments and assign tasks in context of a person or a process. Then access all the action items for your account.
- See Progress – track status updates as you progress, see new or older versions and history of changes, know who is up-to-date on your process.
Knowledgebase: archives activities and data as you collaborate to build a repository of shared knowledge.
Many organizations have locked treasure troves of knowledge in people’s minds, drawers, filing cabinets and hard drives. The system allows companies to build a repository of shared knowledge. Team members tap into this knowledge base to solve problems.
Imagine having the data at your fingertips that is most relevant to you and your team in real-time. Rethink how new employees get up to speed faster and reduce time spent learning and more time adding value.