Workflow offers a way to manage assignments for activities to one person or to a group of people. Use workflow for an activity or process between people to improve accountability.
Administrators can change the workflow of a task using the Workspace Designer. Options include serial, targeted or consumer:
- Serial routing is designed in a logical order of assignments between people. Serial routing activities can include approvals or sales quote development.
- Target routing will assign a task to a specific person. For example, target routing is common for IT support or bug tracking.
- Consumer routing publishes a page to the system without assigning ownership to a user. This is the simplest way to start sharing content and files.
- Consumer – Publish pages to the account
- Targeted – Assign a task and get notified when completed
- Serial – Assign a task to a specific user, one or more, in a routing
- Take a Look At This – Send a private message and link to a page
- Sub-route -Send workflow notification to a user not in the process
- Recall – Stop workflow assignment
- Route Back to – Send and assign a document back to any person before you on the routing
- Open and Closed Status – Open status are active workflow activities. Closed status is either completed workflow activity or published content.